Vimeo: Consulting Media

What You Can Do If You Are a Victim of Crime. You Have Rights. You Can Get Help. Download Brochure

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Remembering July 4th, 1997 in Lombard, Illinois USA | GHung's Blog

Remembering July 4th, 1997 in Lombard, Illinois USA | GHung's Blog
On July 4th, 1997, I had a Fourth of July Luncheon Celebration at our Lombard Historic Brick Bungalow with six (6) Special Guests–Chemical Engineer Philippe Alinat, his wife Christine, their two daughters, her Mother and her Sister visiting from Lyons, France. I invited French-speaking guests since I was Tutoring the Alinat's oldest daughter at their home in Woodridge, Illinois USA. My traditional American Fourth of July Luncheon was catered by Kentucky Fried Chicken Original Recipe, Corn on the Cob, Mashed Potatoes with Gravy, Macaroni and Cheese, Cole Slaw, Corn Bread, and Soda Beverages, non-alcoholic in the afternoon. My Father, Mr. Roberto Hung Juris Doctor, was disabled and bedridden upstairs on the second floor on a Gastro-Intestinal tube and could not join our Fourth of July Luncheon. I prepared for him Mashed Potatoes and Small Pieces of Chicken, Corn Bread. My Father, a Lombard resident homeowner became disabled after he purchased the Lombard Historic Brick Bungalow on September 2, 1996. Four months afterwards on December 22, 1996, my Father was severely injured at home by a blunt hit to the head resulting in Traumatic Brain Injury and an Aneurysm surgically treated by a neurosurgery at Good Samaritan Advocate Hospital in Downers Grove, Illinois USA. My Special Guests understood my predicament with DuPage Home Care Physicians Dr. Thomas Cornwell M.D., Nancy Munch R.N. and Jennifer, a Certified Nurse's Assistant from Woodrige who lived at Seven Bridges in Illinois, USA. Philippe and Christine Alinat were members of the Alliance Française de Chicago and also members of the Union des Français à l'Étranger since Christine's family had lived in Morocco, Algeria, as well as in Lyons, France. All together there were eight (8) people present for my Fourth of July Luncheon in Lombard during 1997, including my Father, Mr. Roberto Hung who was a senior invalid at home upstairs in our Lombard home where it used to be at 502 South Westmore-Meyers Road and Washington Boulevard near St. Pius X Catholic Church. Everyone, including Philippe Alinat and his family, enjoyed the afternoon Fourth of July in 1997 and took pictures of us in our Lombard home, District 5, York Township, DuPage County, Illinois 60148-3028 USA. As far as I can remember, the Alinats did not provide for me or my family in Lombard another invitation since they were in Woodridge, Illinois. I was not invited to any other event with Philippe, Christine, and her two daughters in Woodridge, Illinois USA. Although I remember Philippe and Christine Alinat in 1997, I have not seen them in fifteen (15) years. I speak French fluently and travelled to Paris and Strasbourg in France during 1995. ©2012 GHung's Blog WordPress. All Rights Reserved. Amitié Francophone

No comments: